The world of SEO is dynamic and keeps changing every few days with the changes in algorithms of search engines. The strategies which were very popular a few years ago are not obsolete. The funny part of these strategies is that no search engine tells you the exact criteria for being in the top rankings and it depends all the time spent on the best practices. The research, best practices and performance of your web pages constantly need to be tuned to stay on top.
Here are some points to focus on SEO changes for 2017:
- Use of Schema: Schema markup code on your website helps the search engines return more informative and structured results for the users. Using rich snippets will go on increasing and Schema will become more popular amongst the website developers and SEO experts.
- AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is a stripped down version of the mobile web running a reinvented version of HTML. This has the potential to speed up the loading of websites on mobile devices. The extra content on the page is removed to load the site faster.
- Page Load Time: If the page load time is more than a few seconds, it badly affects the user experience and conversion rates, so this will remain an important parameter for SEO experts to work on in the year 2017.
- Web and Mobile Content: Though rich content has no substitute on any website or blog, content for mobile users will take precedence in the future.
- Optimization for Mobile: Optimization for mobile environments will be a key parameter for being on top of search results. This includes Mobile Apps, App stores, and App specific content.
- Semantic Search: More and more natural language and the intent behind the search (semantic) queries will be accepted as queries. Conversational queries can take priority over keyword phrases.
- Voice Search: Google is already voice enabled and there are multiple queries coming to the search engine through voice. Google’s voice search capabilities will largely affect SEO.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence and Google’s machine learning technology RankBrain will be used extensively.
- Algorithm changes: Google probably changes the search engine algorithm more than 500 times in a year for small changes. The major releases happen a couple of times a year. The exact list of changes is never available for users and marketers. They need to be alert and keep researching.
- Organic search ranking: The Organic search ranking algorithm is the latest one. Before applying any SEO changes, some authentic research is required. Black hat SEO is not going to work for a long time. Google relies on more than 200 parameters for providing the best search results.
- Granular Penguin: Google launched an algorithm change named as Penguin in 2012 to capture ‘webspam’ and decrease website ranking accordingly. This has become more granular, and is adjusting ranking based on specific spam signals rather than affecting the ranking of an entire
- The Importance of Links: If the Outgoing links are unrelated to the content, such websites will be affected. Rather than trying to build thousands of backlinks, creating few but rich backlinks is going to help more. Keeping yourself updated with posts on Google Webmaster Blog is important.